Tuesday, February 28, 2012

For Them

Psalm 9:10  And those who know your name put their trust in you,
for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.  (ESV)

Justice (the purpose for which God established His rule - v. 7) includes the idea of God's care for those seemingly  forgotten by society (the needy and the poor - v. 18). God does not forget the cry of the afflicted (v. 12). 


God has not forgotten you. You who weep. You who cry out in anguish over the loss of a child, perhaps yet unborn (hope stolen), or a husband lost, fallen in battle, perhaps in some far away land. How can I do less than to feel God's heart for these afflicted, poor, forgotten, broken, abused hopeless. God forbid that I should be like the nations who are "but men" (v. 20). But I have the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:16).


Oh God, move me with a heart of compassion for all those who weep and mourn. May my heart never turn away from one who is hurting. Break my heart for the hopeless. This is mine in Christ Jesus (Phil. 2:5) - a heart of humility. Let my heart break for what breaks Yours. Lord I give You my heart, my soul. I live for You alone. You alone are good. You gave Your Son to free me from selfishness. And so I give You all of me, for Your kingdom. God bless a mother who has just received news in Ohio that her child is dead.


In Jesus' name... So be it in me,
                                            Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment