Wednesday, November 21, 2012

RE: Trust

Psalm 124:6-7  Blessed be the LORD,
  who has not given us
  as prey to their teeth!
We have escaped like a bird
  from the snare of the fowlers;
the snare is broken,
  and we have escaped!  (ESV)

 
What vivid imagery: if God had not delivered us, these enemies would be tearing us apart - sinking their teeth into our flesh. It is an image of narrow escape at the last minute - like a bird caught in a trap who manages to break free just in time. Oh the feeling of freedom (joy and triumph) as he flies away!

Once again it is as sovereign creator God, that He is able to deliver us. He is powerful, all powerful. I am limited, weak, finite. The truth is I am bothered by this. I want to have all I need to deliver myself. I feel more secure this way. I don't want to have to trust someone else. On the other side of the coin - oh the feeling of relief when I realize I don't have to do it all on my own (be all), especially when I know that ultimately I can't. I can't control everything.

God, help me to embrace this joy of release - the peace of dependence on another. Holy Spirit imprint an understanding of the character of God upon the retina of my brain that I might not forget Your loving kindness toward me (hesed). The truth is that I probably have more trouble believing that "You will" more so than "You can." I ask You to receive me, loving Father, just as I am. I thank You Jesus, my friend, my Lord, my brother for demonstrating so clearly and tangibly - How great the Fathers love for us!

In Jesus' name - Amen,
                               Son
 

No comments:

Post a Comment